Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Final Post

As winter quarter comes to an end, I’ve had some time to reflect on the classes I have taken over the past couple months. This course in queer arts has been the most intimate and engaging class I have taken thus far at UCLA and there were so many different facets to it that added to its success. If I had to choose my favorite aspect of the class, it would have to be the projects that we recently presented. I haven’t been assigned a project in so long that I actually enjoyed doing and this assignment gave me the opportunity to study a queer artist in Los Angeles to learn about them and their work. Aside from the project, another great aspect of the class was the the participation during lecture. Queer arts is such a stimulating topic, and everyone in the class had such amazing perspectives and experiences to offer and share. It was awesome to collaborate with people in the class who really made everyone feel comfortable to speak up regardless of their background or knowledge of the queer community. All in all, I am so lucky to have had the opportunity to take this course as I learned so many valuable lessons and tools that I will take with me into my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment