Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Friday, March 4, 2016

M.A.


During last week's class, the professor presented us to several artists. The one that caught my attention the most was the work of one of my classmates. I am not sure about their pgp's, so for this post I will address them as they/them/theirs.
I feel that their art is recognizable. The faces in many of their paintings are similar and the eyes seem to have a lot of detail. From what I've seen so far, they also incorporate a lot of color onto their work. As the professor recommend, I went into the Untitled coffee shop to see their work there and it was astonishing. It was a long strip in which he drew a calavera, a self-potrait, a corazon, and a woman amongst many other things. I stared at it a for a while and like mentioned before, the color was what stood out to me the most. I haven't seen enough of their work to determine what topics they focus on, but I really do hope I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment