Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016

"Queer as Style" Protest Poster


The paragraph I wrote that inspired this poster reads: "The identity politics of every individual is deistically their own based off an assemblage of experiences. To assume understanding of another individual is unrealistic and an inattentive approach to interpersonal relationships." and it led me to this quote by Cathy J. Cohen that I included in the poster. In my studies in the LGBT minor I have made identity formation and politics a focus of my writing and has influenced my personal politics. I chose this quote from Cathy J. Cohen's "Punks, Bulldagger, and Welfare Queens: The Radical Potential of Queer Politics?" because it gives political/social context to the expansive notion of queerness that draws me to the label. The hyper-colorful poster is also a connection to my personal style that is a consistent part of my daily performative self.

1 comment: