Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Poster Art: Love is Love


For my poster, I decided to use two females and position them in a way that their silhouettes create a heart between them. The reason I chose to keep them anonymous is because you never know who is struggling to love another person but cannot express or tell their family or friends for certain reasons. Because of this, this has more than just a queer meaning to it (at least to me). One of the things that I have come to realize as I got older is that love is love. It does not matter if it's two same gender people or not. What matters is that there is love. I believe that the world would be a better place if people did not feel that love can only be between a man and a woman. It is better to accept and have more love in this world, than to have people living in fear for something that is one of the most wonderful things to experience. In addition to this, it does not matter if the love is romantic or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment