Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Friday, February 5, 2016

Gender Definition Poster

This is a rough draft of the poster I worked on. The theme is gender and its definition. I have incorporated the background as one of the landscape works by my artist Wes Hempel. It is a wide prairie with amorphous storm clouds in the sky, unsure of whether it is a storm, but peaceful nonetheless. In the foreground, I have layered multicolored stencil-esque images of Angels. I chose to put angels in the picture because as spiritual beings of light, they were never classified as male or female. Historically, this was changed as artists gave them a sex. Ultimately, I want to express that gender is not something that can be easily defined, that it isn't always as socially practical, and we can disregard it in order to establish respect/acceptance.

No comments:

Post a Comment