Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

poster under construction


A women's sexuality is beautiful. However, I feel as though it is not always treated with the respective that it deserves in the mainstream media.Instead, I am left with a sour taste in my mouth. In many ways we are exotified, hyper sexualized, and tailored for the heterosexual male audience. My inspiration for my poster comes from me wishing that the media didn't portray queer sexuality as deviant behavior. I wish media were able to normalize and capture the beauty instead. 

My poster is also in progress. I may tweak a few things or even start over. I want to keep it simple, but I also want the viewer to be able to understand the poster without needing an explanation. Perhaps adding some simple text would help. However, here is kind of the general idea and direction I want to go. My ideas may develop as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment