Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Persak, Giselle



Hello, my name is Giselle Persak. I am a fourth year and will be graduating in spring (yikes). I am a Communications Study Major, and picked up a Gender Studies Minor just this year. My last minute addition of a minor came as a bit of a shock to my family, who were also a bit surprised when I joined FEM magazine on campus last year. I come from a fairly conservative family, and went to a private, Christian high school for the entirety of my education pre-UCLA. Coming to college allowed me the first chance to really find myself and more importantly, my voice - one that was finally different from the one given to me by my Christian education. I am passionate about the empowerment and equality of women, and have also very much enjoyed learning about other topics of discussion within the LGBT community through my studies. I have always had a love for art, and that is what initially attracted me to this class. I have never worked with a camera artistically, but am thrilled at the idea of finding my own viewpoint through a new and unexplored outlet. I am excited to learn more about the queer art scene in Los Angeles and especially to learn about the voices that these artists convey through their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment