Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Valentine, Shane




Hi, my name is Shane Valentine, and I am a senior transfer student at the University of California, Los Angeles. Currently, I am an Art Major and Urban and Regional Studies Minor student, expected to complete my degree in spring of 2017. I identify as a cisgender white male, I have lived in Los Angeles throughout my entire of life. In my art practice I focus on space; who or what controls it; transformative spaces; and gestures of space. I am currently enrolled in an advance photography course with Catherine Opie, I want to apply what I am learning from her into this LGBT course. I am taking this LGBTS course to better understand the community that creates culture and social awareness within Los Angeles. I am excited to learn more about queers art communities in Los Angeles engaging exhibitions, performances, and public lectures. This is my first LGBTS course, I am excited to learn and collaborate with other peers!

No comments:

Post a Comment