Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Patel, Ronak


Hi everyone! My name is Ronak Patel and I am junior at UCLA studying economics with a computing specialization. I am passionate about start-ups, technology, and long-term investing. After I graduate, I hope to become a product manager at a technology focused company where I can help build products that can have a real impact on people's lives. I enrolled in LGBT 183: Queer Arts in L.A. because I wanted to learn more about LGBT issues and how art can play a role in telling the story. I also saw that we will be using some front-end web technologies, which also further caught my attention to this course as I have built some websites in the past. In addition, some of the art forms that interest me the most are neo-gothic styles of architecture, which can be most readily seen in many parts of Europe. We, as a world, are moving towards a universal acceptance of all races, cultures, religions, and sexual orientations. It is only a matter of time before some of the backwards thinking countries will be turned around and have forward thinking leaders ready to build an all inclusive future. I think it is important for everyone to have an understanding of people from backgrounds, so that we can learn from them, instead of the difference causing a rift between different societal groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment