Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Dan Guerrero

Unfortunately, due to my work schedule, I was not able to make it Dan Guerrero’s presentation. However, I do look forward to meeting him tomorrow and listening to what he has to say about his experience with his work and his identity.


Although I do not identify as Chicana/o or Latina/o, as a queer womxn of color I can definitely relate to the topics discussed in the reading. Throughout most of the reading, I kept reflecting on the Pilipino American queer experience. I especially identified with the idea of needing to connect to home. In the reading they talked about “expanding her/his familial ties with other who embrace all aspects of her/his identity.” In my experience, many of the Pilipinos I know feel disconnected from their family when their identities are ostracized, leaving ourselves to find family outside our bloodline.

No comments:

Post a Comment