Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Website Project

I have really enjoyed working on this website project. I took a website design class during my freshman year of high school and learned some basic HTML (and CSS). It's been a long time since that class, though, and I've never really been able to apply any of what I learned to anything in my life (besides editing codes for Myspace way back in the day or small things like that). But all of that knowledge has come in handy for this class. I really enjoyed learning how to use Dreamweaver. I have the program on my computer but I had no idea what it was for. Now I know! And I had some skills with photoshop (another class in high school) but I feel like I learned some things that make using it a little easier and efficient now.

As for content, I really enjoyed learning more about Luis Alfaro. I don't think I would have ever heard of him or his work if not for this class. I think that this course made me realize that there are so many talented artists all around us and we may not even realize it. Alfaro's plays are based on stories that I know or  have heard of before, but the way he places them in a more modern setting makes them all the more interesting and engaging.

No comments:

Post a Comment