Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Showing Off Our Skills

    This quarter I learned a lot about many different queer artists in Los Angeles, and I feel the website only furthers my knowledge on those artists. I was excited to see how the finished product of the website would come out, and I must say that I am impressed. Each and every one of us rocked our pages. Even with the technical difficulties of videos either not playing or not showing up for some of us, we all did a wonderful job. I was very pleased to hear about all of the many different artists and the various mediums of art that were focused on. I think that we did a good job with not only getting artists names out there, but also expressing that artwork can take many different forms, from photography, to film making, to poetry; art can be anything you make it.
    Though I enjoyed hearing my classmates talk about their artists, I do wish more people showed up to see the website. I truly believe that this website project is a great work of activism that needs to be shared with as many people as possible. There are so many individuals in Los Angeles that need to be able to experience the issues some of these artists raise, and I think that by advocating for our website we can get a lot of those people to learn something new. I hope that those who were not able to make it on Wednesday to experience our website gets the opportunity to stumble upon what we all worked so hard to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment