Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Reflection


            The best part of this course for me was focusing on Los Angeles-based queer artists and creating a website to enhance their visibility.  The website serves as another tool for the Los Angeles diverse community to learn more about artists that play a significant part of shaping this city’s community.  In other words, this website is intended to be a resource for the general public to learn about queer artists and their work.  This course gave me the opportunity to learn about artists and their art I did not know about.  In fact, I chose an artist that I did not know anything about and decided to do as much research as I could about her, Alison de la Cruz.  I also decided to focus on her because I enjoy learning about performance artists.  In the process of creating the website with the class, I enjoyed using digital tools, like Photoshop to visually represent what de la Cruz does as a performer.  It was a somewhat difficult process, since I am not a technology person.  However, I am very pleased with what I have learned and to be part of this collaborative work that is dedicated to the Latina/o queer artists that we researched.  

No comments:

Post a Comment