Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Moving Forward

The quarter has come to an end, and it's a bittersweet moment. I have learned so much in this class. The knowledge I've collected will serve me well as I move forward here in my career at UCLA. However, I'll miss heading to Dodd Hall in the morning, to learn about groundbreaking queer art and activism. I'll miss walking out of class feeling inspired, being left with so much to contemplate. I'm so proud that our collaborative efforts could produce an amazing website. Moving forward is an exciting prospect. UCLA has given me so much this quarter, and I can't wait to see what's coming next.

Since this is our final blog entry, I want to recap some of the most memorable moments of Wednesday's presentations.  I loved that almost everyone who went up to present their artist mentioned some disclaimer about lacking technology skills. It made me chuckle every time. I also loved when Professor Lopez's "go home" comment sparked laughter. Aces', "he has a beautiful body... I mean, a beautiful mind" comment, was also a hilarious and noteworthy moment. I also enjoyed the quote that Ben pointed out when he presented D'Lo's work: "Gay, Hindi, Hip Hop, these things allow for who I am, but don't allow for each other."

The presentations were creative, informative, and well done. I couldn't have thought of a better way to close such a wonderful class, and joyous experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment