Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Thursday, December 6, 2012

End of the Quarter

It was a bittersweet feeling as we had one of our last class meetings this past Monday. Sad to think that we would no longer get to learn more about queer arts in LA but it was awesome to have Jeanne Cordova as our special guest. Her visit was definitely worth the wait. After reading When We Outlaws and learning so much about a person that I did not personally know, I felt like Jeanne was a celebrity standing right in front of me. Jeanne was open, genuine, and honest, which I truly appreciated. She was also as funny as she was in her book, which was awesome. I got excited when she mentioned that she's writing somewhat of a sequel to  When We Outlaws so I will definitely be on the lookout for that. What I liked the most about her discussion with the class was when she described the first time she made love to a woman. She way she was describing it made the most perfect sense, which is funny because I am not a lesbian but can identify to what she meant about wearing glasses for the very first time and everything becoming crystal clear. It was truly an honor to have Jeanne Cordova as a guest visitor for this class because this is what I feel education is all about; interacting with those who lay the foundation for what we learn in books and talking to them to further our understanding and enrich our learning experience. I thoroughly enjoyed taking this class and ending the quarter with Jeanne and our website presentation was simply wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment