Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Being an activist


Creating my own website page is one of the most interesting works I have done here at UCLA. It was my first time actually using Photoshop and Dreamweaver. At first, I could barely follow what the professor taught us to edit images but as time went by, I found myself enjoying making my own images and webpage in the shape I wanted it to be. According to the professor, that is what WYSIWYG(what you see is what you get) is. This class, Queer Arts in Los Angeles, has taught me the subject not just through a lecture but through practical work how to reconstruct the information that I gathered in the internet sites. I think it perfectly fits the goal of this course. By building our own webpage which is devoted to letting all the people know each queer artist that we took on, we could learn and spread information at the same time. It is part of the activism that we do in this class. For me, the most challenging work to do was finding useful information from different sources. It took a lot of time to read materials which were all in English. My artist, Don Bachardy, is not well-known in Korea, I couldn’t find a single webpage about him in Korean. I believe I labored for a worthwhile purpose. That’s why I think Queer Arts in Los Angeles is precious memory that I will have of LA.     

No comments:

Post a Comment