Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

ARTivism

Chicana/o Studies 188 has been one of my favorite courses this quarter, this is the first time I learn about the work queer activists use art as a form of activism. I did not know the course would require some creativity and I am glad I did not know because I would probably shy away from taking the course. I’m glad I enrolled and I was exposed to Adobe Photoshop and Dream Weaver. I admit that I was constantly reminded that one needs patience to learn how to work these programs, especially when it came to do the codes. Maybe I just freaked out but it seemed easier to do it the second time around!
I’m not the most creative person when it comes to this type of art, but I did my best. I am looking forward to the finished product. Again, I wish we had in this class is more time to practice what we learned and polish what we created. I also wish there were more books or articles that spoke about my artist but at the same time I understand that this is the same reason for creating this type of website :)
Overall, this class has inspired me to continue working with these programs on my own. Perhaps this is the way to tap in to my artistic side I never really knew I had.

No comments:

Post a Comment