Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Thursday, November 29, 2012

To blog, or not to blog

Chicana/o Studies 188 has been my first foray into any sort of blogging, be that reading someone else's thoughts, or putting down my own. As an outlet for expression, or any sort, I find blogging to be a great medium. In the increasingly connected cyber web that expands across the globe, one is potentially sharing their thoughts with the whole world; that is a powerful idea.

As a means of teaching, I found the blog to be a great way to stay connected with other students in the class, as well as receive information from the professor. To be able to  read, and sometimes view, the information that my classmates were covering, and their thoughts about that information was enlightening, as well as a lot of fun. The blogs had an almost familial effect on the class, which I found very inviting.

It may be no surprise then that this was also my first experience with web design. Technology is the way of the future. It seems almost silly to say that now, but it is true, and will remain true for....ever. The value of the skills gained though our short 10 weeks together will prove invaluable. Not necessarily because I think I will remember all the steps or processes, but because I know they are possible, and relatively simple.


1 comment: