Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Selene Luna



My name is Selene Luna and I am a second year at UCLA. My major is Psychology and I am not quite sure what I’m going to minor in just yet. My image is of myself at an Erykah Badu concert that I went to with my brother in January. I selected this image because I liked the lighting and the way I came out. I also loved that night and wanted to choose an image that showed me at a time where I was extremely happy. 

 The image I used in the background is of the night sky because my image is kind of dark and I wanted both images to mesh well together. I didn’t want too much of a contrast between light and dark and the night sky reminds me of my last name (Luna). The word I selected is ‘wisdom’. I chose this word because it means a lot to me. Through negative experiences in my life I have learned to not ask “Why me?” but to take those experiences as learning lessons that turn into wisdom and knowledge of self. This word means so much to me that I even got it tattooed on my ribs as a way of expressing myself and to always remind myself to not be a victim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment