Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Deanna De La Hunt

My name is Deanna De La Hunt and I am a Gender Studies major. I'm from San Pedro, CA, a small beach town just twenty minutes away from campus. It is my senior year here at UCLA, but last year was my first year because I transferred over from UC Riverside. Although I am extremely excited to graduate this spring, I still am unsure of what career path I plan on taking. I may not be artistically inclined when it comes to painting, drawing, photography, etc. but I enjoy writing and reading poetry, essays, and short stories. I hope to find a career that allows me to pursue my passions as well as incorporate my love of writing.

This picture was taken on the fourth of July this past summer. I chose it because I had a very eventful and unforgettable summer full of time well-spent with family, friends, and my boyfriend. I traveled a bit, worked a lot, and even interned for the YWCA. This picture represents the happiness I feel whenever I am doing the things I love. I chose a sunflower to be my background layer. Ever since I was a little girl, my mother always told me whenever she saw a sunflower it reminded her of me. It is my favorite flower and always reminds me of summer which is my favorite season.  The word I chose is LOVE because I believe although it may be painful at times, it is the most amazing, fulfilling, and beautiful feeling. I believe a  person isn't living a complete life if they carry hate in their heart and don't love. 

I am looking forward to meeting and working with my peers in the class. I am very passionate about the arts, queer rights, and especially my pride of Los Angeles. I am excited to learn more about local artists as well as build a website that spreads awareness on it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment