Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Dorothy Soto


Hi everyone, my name Dorothy Soto, but you can call me Dot. I am an Ethnomusicology major in my senior year and looking forward to graduating this year. I am a first generation Cuban American and I will be the first in my immediate family to graduate college. I’ve always had a passion for the arts, but found my strength in music. I started playing guitar at 14, bass at 17, and I’ve also dabbled in various types of percussion. I’ve played in a few different bands ranging from jazz and rock to Brazilian percussion ensembles and a Bulgarian folk band. While I love playing music, I really enjoy working behind the scenes in the recording studio. After graduation, I hope to work in the music industry as a music supervisor for film and television. 
I am not a fan of having my picture taken, so finding one to contribute to this project was not easy. This picture was taken at my graduation from community college. I chose a concert setting for my background with the word “backstage.” I think the image and word describe what I have been focusing on for the past several years and also speaks to what I hope my future has in store for me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment