Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Chrystel Murrieta


Hello y’all, my name is Chrystel Murrieta and I am a third year Spanish major from La Habra, CA. I love to dance, and always enjoy learning how to move to new styles. I like to participate in community service projects and find ways to give back. Looking up quotes, reading a good book, exploring different genres of music , and looking up the meaning behind a song makes me happy. I enjoy the little things in life, like silly socks and random acts of kindness, as well as soy milk. Holidays and birthdays are my favorite times of the year since its only on these special occasions that my family gets together and puts the hustle and bustle of life aside for a bit . I have an obsession with earrings, like to wear flowers in my hair, and can’t get enough of red lipstick ever since the age of five. 

This picture is one of the few in my collection of red lipstick adventures, I chose it because it’s one of the most recent pictures I have of myself that shows my entire face (as required). The image I will use in my background incorporates elements of Día de los Muertos because I am fascinated with calaveras and the beautiful, vibrant colors that are traditionally incorporated with this festivity. My word is Cultura because I love my Mexican heritage and enjoy embracing my roots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment