Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Biography


My very first experience of being on the UCLA campus was while working backstage on a production called “Women Doing Men”.  Not only was this my first time being on the UCLA campus, it was my first time being on any university campus.  That was 12 years ago and if then someone had told me that I would eventually be a student at UCLA, I would have told that they had lost their mind.  I am a nontraditional, transfer student from Santa Monica College.  I also identify as queer.  I have learned an incredible amount about myself, my surroundings and my place place in the world during this journey into academia.  It has been one of the most transformative experiences of my life, thus far.  Presently, I am in the process of applying to graduate program and am looking forward to pursuing my Masters in Social Welfare next Fall.  I am a women’s major with a global studies minor and huge of the arts.

No comments:

Post a Comment