Please visit the Fall 2012 class website project at Queer Arts Los Angeles Website.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Aurora Gurrero

I will be researching Film Maker Aurora Guerrero for our project. I feel that Aurora's film Mosquita Y Mari is the true first film that realistically portrays womyn sexuality in  terms of coming of age. Media now portrays womyn's sexuality in such a hypersexualized way that this portrayal of how queer womyn may fall into their felt like I actually saw myself for the first time in popular media. Aurora is a fierce Queer Chicana Artist and I feel it is necessary that her work and her career takes off on a massive scale because she taps into something that hasn't been presented yet. As a Queer Chicana I can relate to some of Aurora's experiences, and while I may have not been raised in LA, I can still appreciate her experiences of growing up like she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment